Resetting Your Twitter Password Okay, so you’ve been on vacation for a couple of weeks, or your nose has been grindstone-bound while you finish off a few projects, and so you’ve been away from the Twitterverse for a bit. It happens even to the most dedicated Twitterers.
You return to the login screen and, doh!, you’ve forgotten your password. You try all your old favorites, but no joy. You’re locked out of your Twitter account!Fortunately, all is not lost. You can ask the kind folks at Twitter to reset your password, which will get you back up and tweeting in just a few minutes.
Here’s what you do:
1. Send your Web browser to https://twitter.com/account/resend_password. The Forgot your password? page appears.
2. Type your Twitter username in the text box. You can also type the e-mail address that you associated with your Twitter account.
3. Click Reset my password. Twitter ships you an e-mail message (Subject line: “Reset your Twitter password”) that includes a link to a password reset page.
4. When you get the message, click the link. Your default Web browser pops up and takes you to the password reset page.
5. Type your new password in the New Password and Verify New Password text boxes.
6. Click Change. Twitter resets your account with the new password.
Reference : wiley.com