Twitter Tips---Sending a direct message from your mobile phone
If you’re in a mutual-follow Twitter connection with someone, you can drop that person a direct message. If you happen to be running around town or stuck in a meeting and you think of something you want to tell your friend directly.
you can post the direct message right from your mobile phone. Here are the steps to follow:
1. On your mobile phone, access the SMS feature, and then start a new message.
2. Type the Twitter phone number for your locale.
3. Type d followed by the Twitter username of the person you want to direct message.
Be sure to add at least one space after the username.
4. Type the rest of your message.
5. Send the message. Your phone sends the message, and before too long it appears in
that person’s Direct Messages timeline.